Impact Estimator Known Issues
The current release of the Athena Impact Estimator for Buildings is 5.2.01 (Version 5.2 Build 0117). It was released in February 2017.
This page contains last-minute product information and will be regularly updated to reflect the most up–to–date state of the known issues with the Athena Impact Estimator for Buildings Version 5.
- All Forms - Forms do not accept numeric entries if the decimal symbol is a comma. (e.g., French Language numeric values). This will occur in the "Add Project" form, where the user may enter data into any of the input boxes, but will not be able to click the "OK" button to accept the new project. If the Regional and Language settings in the Windows Control Panel are set to a language such as French (Canada), where the decimal symbol is set as a comma, as opposed to a period, the forms in Impact Estimator will not validate properly, and an error will occur.
To work around this, open Regional and Language Options in the Control Panel, and either switch the format to English, or Customize the French format so that the decimal symbol is a period. After making the change, re-open Impact Estimator and proceed. Don't forget to switch the period back to a comma when you are finished working in the Impact Estimator.
- Columns & Beams Assembly Validation Error when the form loads : When no User Defined Concrete Mixes have been defined, a validation error occurs when the Columns & Beams assembly form is loaded.
- Launch the Impact Estimator.
- Click on the Tools menu item.
- Click on the User Defined Concrete Mix Design Library sub-menu item.
- Proceed to add a dummy record to the User Defined Concrete Mix Design Library.
- Material - Polyester felt : The manufacturing data for "Polyester felt" needs to be updated.
- Save as Text is missing some of the assembly data. This feature was disabled in version 4.0 Build 66.
- Report - Per Unit Area Graphs : For the Per Unit Area Graphs the displayed Area unit of measure (e.g., per m2 or per ft2) is not dependent on the Units for the projects being compared, since this could be a mix of SI and Imperial. Rather, the displayed units basis is determined by the "Default Units" selected in the "Tools -> Options" dialog.
- Virtual or Lab Runtime Environments : When the Impact Estimator for Buildings is installed in a lab (client-server) or virtual desktop session runtime environments, some of the user specific files do not successfully install in each user specific folder when the application runs for the first time. The offending files are only successfully installed in the user folder for the account under which the application was installed.
The workaround for this is to download the ZIP file from here and decompress it in the user specific folder (e.g., C:\Users\YouUserAccount.YourDomain\Documents\Athena\Impact Estimator for Buildings\). Once the ZIP file has been downloaded, you can choose to use Group Policy Objects or a copy script to accomplish wide distribution of these files.